How you can help
By Participating in the annual Cycle for Life Challenge you will be helping to raise funds for the Cycle for Life Charitable Trust (CFL).
All funds raised by CFL are spent on helping to improve the Health and Life Skills of New Zealand children. The Trust is a fully voluntary organisation with no one receiving any remuneration for running the trust or any of the events run by the trust.
By encouraging your friends and colleagues to ride in our event you will be helping to increase the amount we raise and therefore the amount we can use to help our children. Challenge your work colleagues, sports team, friends and or family to enter. Or Challenge them to sponsor you.
If you cannot ride the event you can make donations to support the work CFL undertakes in the community at Lions Club of Bucklands Beach Cycle for Life Charitable Trust at Westpac Bank 03 0166 0456649 00
The funds raised from the Cycle for Life Fun Ride are to be used to fund projects that support the promotion of Children’s Life Skills and Healthy Living Programmes within our community.
2019 again sees us supporting:
- (KidzFirst Hospital) Eye Glass Fund
- Leo Clubs - young people being involved in and giving back to their community
- Camp Quality - for Children Living with Cancer
Each year around 90 children attend the Camp Quality Auckland Northland week long Summer Camp in Auckland for Children aged from 5 - 16 participating in numerous fun activities.
During the July school holidays Camp Quality run two weekend-long Winter Camps at various locations throughout the upper North Island; one for children aged from 5-12 and one for the older campers aged from 12-16.
Past Years Efforts
In past years funding raised from this project has been used to support the following orginisations:
- KidzFirst Hospitalk - Supported 2000 - 2018 Eye Glass Fund
- Camp Quality for Children Living with Cancer - Supported 2008 - 2018
- Books in Homes; CFL is the sponsor for - Point England Primary School 2006 - 2011; St Josphes School Otahuhu 2011 - 2015; Mt Richmond Special School 2011 - 2018
- Lions Quest Skills for Living - Supported 2004 - 2016 - Lions have created a program which integrates into the health curriculum of our Primary and Intermediate schools in the fields of skills for life and drug awareness
- Funded the refurbishment of the Healing Garden at KidsFirst Hospital in 2009
- East Auckland Drug Education Services. 2002 - 2003 an initiative of the Intermediate Schools in the Pakuranga / Bucklands Beach community assisted with funds to establish a proactive drug education program
- Life Education Programme. - Supported 1997 - 2001
- Leo Clubs at McLeans Collage; Bucklands beach Intermediate - Young People providing community service to their local areas
Bucklands Beach President, Sue Green, Presenting our annual donation to the Middlemore Foundation Eyeglass Fund. This fund is used to provide glasses for Children from families who would otherwise not be able to afford the glasses for their child.
The funds raised from the Cycle for Life Fun Ride are to be used to fund projects that support the promotion of Children’s Life Skills and Healthy Living Programmes within our community. 2019 again sees us supporting: (KidzFirst Hospital) Eye Glass Fund; Leo Clubs - young people being involved in and giving back to their community; Camp Quality Auckland Northland - for Children Living with Cancer.